- PhD in Information and Communication Technology, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Kista, Sweden (2008 - 2013)
Thesis: Live Streaming in P2P and Hybrid P2P-Cloud Environments for the Open Internet [pdf] [latex] [bibtex] [slides]
Amir H. Payberah, Supervisors: Prof. Seif Haridi and Dr. Jim Dowling, Oponent: Prof. Anwitaman Datta
- MSc in Software Engineering of Distributed Systems, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Kista, Sweden (2006 - 2008)
Thesis: ForestCast for Peer-to-Peer Live Media Streaming [pdf] [bibtex] [slides]
Amir H. Payberah and Fatemeh Rahimian, Supervisors: Prof. Seif Haridi and Dr. Ali Ghodsi.
- MSc in Computer Architecture, Amirkabir University of Technology (AUT), Tehran, Iran (2000 - 2003)
Thesis: Auditing Intrusion Detection System using Mobile Agents [pdf]
Amir H. Payberah, Supervisor: Dr. Babak Sadeghian, Oponents: Dr. Hossein Pedrame and Dr. Rasoul Jalili
- BSc in Computer Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology (AUT), Tehran, Iran (1996 - 2000)
Thesis: Designing and implementing an I/O card and developing its device driver in GNU/Linux
Amir H. Payberah, Supervisor: Dr. Hossein Pedram
- Assistant Professor of Computer Science, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Kista, Sweden (July 2018 - Now)
- Machine Learning Scientist, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK (April 2017 - June 2018)
Developing machine learning and deep learning algorithms to find patterns and trends in large biomedical datasets.
- Senior Researcher, SICS Swedish ICT, Kista, Sweden (July 2013 - May 2017)
Worked on mining massive datasets and data intensive computing platforms (mainly Spark), and on data streaming and graph processing algorithms.
- Adjunct Lecturer, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Kista, Sweden (August 2016 - December 2016)
Designed and gave a course on Data Intensive Computing Platforms for a new Masters programme in data science. The course covered a wide range of topics, including (i) different distributed filesystems and NoSQL databases, (ii) different processing models for various data types, e.g., batch-data, streaming-data, graph-data, and structured-data, and (iii) different resource management systems.
- Adjunct Lecturer, Amirkabir University of Technology (AUT), Tehran, Iran (August 2014 - December 2016)
Designed and gave courses on Operating Systems, Distributed Systems, and Data Intensive Computing Platforms.
- PhD Student, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Kista, Sweden (August 2008 - June 2013)
Worked on distributed systems</b>, including Peer-to-Peer content distribution networks, gossipbased algorithms and large scale publish/subscribe systems.
- Researcher, Parallel Dator Centrum (PDC), Stockholm, Sweden (January 2007 - April 2007)
Worked on grid resource management, and dynamic resource allocation on gLite.
- Linux Technical Leader, DPI Co., SiNA Co., and GATA Co., Tehran, Iran (January 2000 - December 2006)
Built different customized Linux distributions, e.g., embedded Linux kernel, file systems, and device drivers.
- Network Administrator, DP Co., Tehran, Iran (January 2001 - December 2002)
Worked as a local area network administrator.
Professional Activities in Journals and Conferences
- Keynote speaker, Data intensive computing platforms, ICCKE, The International Conference on Computer and Knowledge Engineering, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran (2018)
- Keynote speaker, Stratosphere, EIT ICT Labs and Cloudberry Science and Innovation Days, Lulea University of Technology, Lulea, Sweden (2014) [slides]
- Track Co-Chair of CCNC, IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (2017)
- PC member of ECN, International Workshop on Edge Computing and Networking (2019)
- PC member of IoT, International Conference on Internet of Things and Applications (2019)
- PC member of CSICC, National CSI Computer Conference (2017)
- PC member of IUCC, IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing and Communications (2014)
- PC member of INNOV, IARIA Conference on Communications, Computation, Networks and Technologies (2014)
- PC member of DAIS, IFIP International Conference on Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems (2013)
- Reviewer of TPDS, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Reviewer of JPDC, Elsevier Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Reviewer of COMNET, Elsevier Computer Networks
- Reviewer of COMCOM, Elsevier Computer Communications
- Reviewer of COMPELECENG, Elsevier Computers and Electrical Engineering
- Reviewer of IS, Elsevier Information Systems
- Reviewer of FGCS, Elsevier Future Generation Computer Systems
- Reviewer of COMPJ, Oxford Journals The Computer Journal
- Reviewer of COMPD, Springer Computing
- Reviewer of PPNA, Springer Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications
- Reviewer of WI, Journal of Web Intelligence Consortium
- Reviewer of CPE, International Journal of Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience
- Reviewer of International Journal of Algorithms
- Reviewer of JCM, Academy Publisher Journal of Communications
- Reviewer of IJBDI, International Journal of Big Data Intelligence
- Reviewer of JIT, International Journal of Internet Technology
- Reviewer of IJECE, Iranian Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Reviewer of ISPA, IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing with Applications (2015)
- Reviewer of SIGMOD, ACM Special Interest Group on Management Of Data (2013)
- Reviewer of P2P, IEEE International Conference on Peer-to-Peer Computing (2008 - 2011)
- Reviewer of DAIS, IFIP International Conference on Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems (2011)
- Reviewer of CCNC, IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (2010 and 2013)
Research Proposals and Grants (Contributor)
- PhD Level Course in AI/ML
Funded by WASP, 2018-2020.
- STREAMLINE: Improving Competitiveness of European Enterprises through Streamlined Analysis of Data at Rest and Data in Motion
Funded by H2020, ICT-16-2015 Big Data, Volume: 3.2M Euro, 2016-2018.
- BIDAF: A Big Data Analytics Framework for a Smart Society
Funded by KK-stiffen (KKS), Volume: 2.6M Euro, 2014-2019.